B&B Header

B&B Header
Coming Soon

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Smallville's Series Finale

I've been a fairly steady fan of Smallville for the biggest part of the past eight years or so.

I don't watch a lot of television, and stumbled across Smallville sometime in between the second and third season.  The network that summer was running all of the old episodes and I managed to catch most of them, albeit not in the order they were released.

It didn't matter.  This looked interesting.  There were a few times I became frustrated with the show, personally, I got tired of the 'freak of the week' after a short while, and was happy when they moved away from that formula.  I didn't miss when they took Lana Lang out of the picture either.

I found the show to be an interesting take on the Journey to Hero myth. 

Last night, they culminated this Journey.   I won't issue any major spoilers here, I'm just going to say, that to me, last night's two hour finale was one of the most enjoyable 'Superman Origin' stories I've seen, and I've seen all of the movies, I grew up watching George Reeves as Superman, I watched Lois and Clark when it was on, and I was happy with the way they ended this show.


I'll miss the show, I'll be able to ignore the Television for a while now on Friday evenings, until something else catches my eye.

To the Cast, Writers and Crew of CW's Smallville. . . Well Done and Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment